Holding Hands is a family-based organization which was founded in 2003. We have been family owned for the past 19 years and have continued to maintain this family-oriented environment over the years. We currently have 4 clinics based throughout LA County (Burbank, Calabasas, Los Angeles, Whittier) and serve over 1,500 neurodiverse individuals in the home, school, clinic, and community per week. We serve children, teens, and adults with various neurodiverse diagnoses such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Anxiety, OCD, and related developmental and mental health needs.
What differentiates us from other agencies is our interdisciplinary approach. With multiple modalities accessible, we can better support our clients and families’ individual needs and provide training opportunities in different modalities. We provide ABA, Social Skills Groups, Modified Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Counseling and DIR®/ Floortime™
Our work comes from the heart, not just a textbook or manual. The starting point of therapy is believing in the ability and potential behind every individual. Our clinical team takes a person-centered approach and focuses on the child's strengths and individual differences, while developing an intervention plan that addresses his or her unique profile. In addition to supporting our clients grow, we value providing our staff with various growth opportunities to continue reaching their career goals by providing training opportunities for different modalities, supervision and mentorship.
“We practice what we preach” as diversity, equity, and inclusion is continuously embraced throughout Holding Hands. We serve a diverse population in a variety of SES areas and advocate for those who are underserved or may have barriers to access care. In addition to our multicultural team, we provide DEI training during our new hire process to educate our staff. We also hold a monthly staff DEI support group that provides a safe space for our staff. We are all learning and growing together and our companies culture promotes this space.
Developmental Interventionists will be using a model of therapy referred DIR®/ Floortime™
D.I. R® which stands for Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based modality. Some of the techniques used with children are referred to as Floortime™ which is a specific technique to both follow the child’s natural emotional interests (lead) and at the same time challenge the child towards mastery of the social, emotional, and intellectual capacities. For teens and adults, we also assess them through a D.I. R®lens but when targeting adaptive domains, we incorporate a person-centered approach to motivate, empower, and ensure the individual is respected by providing choices. Depending on the stage of development, interest, and targeted goals we may use toys, games, sensory motor activities, social-emotional dyadic lessons and teach life skills, self-care, play skills, social skills, and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field – Master’s degree or enrolled in a master’s program preferred
- 1 year experience
- Willing to drive up to 30 minutes/20 miles to clients
- Valid driver’s license, reliable source of transportation, and auto insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check (Livescan DOJ & FBI)
- Current TB clearance
- CPR Certification in both pediatrics and adults
- Fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 (unless you fall within the medical or religious exemption category)
- Minimum of a 1-year commitment is REQUIRED
- Bilingual (Preferred)
Our Burbank office serves areas such as Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Van Nuys, and surrounding areas. Sessions are primarily 2 to 3 hours and take place primarily in the client’s homes or families have the option to request sessions at one of our clinics. Services are offered between 9 am – 8:00pm, Monday through Sunday. Currently have a need and hiring for:
- Monday – Friday: 1:00pm – 8:00pm and Weekends: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- PART-TIME and FULL-TIME positions are available depending on schedule of availability.
Pay: Hourly rate is pending education level, years of experience, additional languages, certifications, and licenses. Developmental Interventionist position pay range is between $23 - $30. Licensed Clinicians in related field and senior DIR® Certified Clinicians pay range is between $30 – $45 per hourOur Benefits (pending part-time or full-time status after your first 90 days):
- Weekly paid trainings
- Paid travel time in between clients
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid gap time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and COVID pay
- Annual 48 hours of sick/mental health time off
- Accrued vacation time off
- Paid Holidays
- $200 continued education allowance
- Free ongoing PPE Supplies
- Access to FDA approved COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests
- Unlimited referral bonuses
- Monthly Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion support meetings open to all staff
- Monthly Mental Wellness support meetings open to all staff
- Ongoing weekly DIR® trainings and clinical mentorship
- Opportunities for interdisciplinary training, growth and clinical opportunities
What are you waiting for? Come join the Holding Hands family and make a meaningful impact and connection within your community.