What differentiates us from other agencies is our interdisciplinary and person centered approach. With multiple modalities accessible, we can better support our clients and families’ individual needs and provide training opportunities in different modalities. We provide ABA, Social Skills Groups, Modified Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Counseling and DIR®/ Floortime™
Our work comes from the heart, not just a textbook or manual. The starting point of therapy is believing in the ability and potential behind every individual. Our clinical team takes a person-centered approach and focuses on the child's strengths and individual differences, while developing an intervention plan that addresses his or her unique profile. In addition to supporting our clients grow, we value providing our staff with various growth opportunities to continue reaching their career goals by providing training opportunities for different modalities, supervision, and mentorship.
“We practice what we preach” as diversity, equity, and inclusion is continuously embraced throughout Holding Hands. We serve a diverse population in a variety of SES areas and advocate for those who are underserved or may have barriers to access care. In addition to our multicultural team, we provide DEI training during our new hire process to educate our staff. We also hold a monthly staff DEI support group that provides a safe space for our staff. We are all learning and growing together and our companies culture promotes this space.
Behavior Technicians will be using a model of therapy referred to as ABA
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is a widely recognized, research-based treatment methodology for understanding and improving human behavior. Our clinical team uses scientifically proven ABA methods to bring about positive, meaningful changes in the lives of individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. Our Behavior Technicians collaborate with our clinical team to implement an intervention plan catered to the individual’s specific needs, while collecting observational data and sessions notes. ABA looks to reduce target behaviors and help clients develop new skills and more functional behaviors to foster the individual’s independence.
- High school diploma – Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year experience
- Willing to drive up to 30 minutes/20 miles to clients
- Valid driver’s license, reliable source of transportation, and auto insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check (Livescan DOJ & FBI)
- Current TB clearance
- CPR certification in both pediatrics and adults
- Fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 (unless you fall within the medical or religious exemption category)
- Minimum of a 1-year commitment is REQUIRED
- Registered Behavior Technician® Certification (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- Our Calabasas office serves areas such as Woodland Hills, West Hills, Canoga Hills, Tarzana, Northridge and surrounding areas. Sessions are primarily 2 to 4 hours and take place primarily in the client’s homes or families have the option to request sessions at one of our clinics. Services are offered between 9 am – 8:00pm, Monday through Sunday. Currently have a need and hiring for:
- Monday – Friday: 1:00pm – 8:00pm and Weekends: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- PART-TIME and FULL-TIME positions are available depending on schedule of availability.
Pay: Hourly rate is pending education level, years of experience, additional languages, certifications, and licenses. Our Behavior Technician position pay range is between $21 - $26.
Our Benefits (pending part-time or full-time status after your first 90 days):
- Fully reimbursed Registered Behavior Technician® certification process during new hire training
- Paid Trainings
- Paid travel time in between clients
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid gap time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and COVID pay
- Annual 48 hours of sick/mental health time off
- Accrued vacation time off
- Paid Holidays
- $200 continued education allowance
- Free ongoing PPE Supplies
- Access to FDA approved COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests
- Unlimited referral bonuses
- Monthly Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion support meetings open to all staff
- Monthly Mental Wellness support meetings open to all staff
- Monthly Registered Behavior Technician® group meetings
- Monthly ABA Student meetings for individuals collecting supervision hours towards their BCBA/BCaBA
- Opportunities for interdisciplinary training, growth and clinical opportunities
What are you waiting for? Come join the Holding Hands family and make a meaningful impact and connection within your community.